Yongnuo YN-565EX released
Yongnuo’s newest flashgun, the feature-packed YN-565EX, is now in stock. The speedlight costs US$180 at the official Yongnuo store and other online resellers. Currently only available in Canon mount, the flash offers E-TTL, manual and wireless slave modes.
The Yongnuo YN-565EX can also perform as a Nikon or Canon advanced wireless slave, or both at once – the first third-party product on the market to work with two systems simultaneously without having to buy another model.
- Guide number of 58 (at 105mm)
- Electronic zoom from 24 to 105mm, plus flip-out wide angle diffuser
- E-TTL, manual, stroboscopic, wireless slave (Canon/Nikon/both), optical slave (S1/S2) modes
- Tilt and swivel head
- External power input – Canon CP-E4 type
- Support for Canon Flash Control Menus
- 3 second recycle time at full power
- PC sync port
- Ready beeps
- Metal foot
- Backlit LCD
- 12 month manufacturer warranty
- High speed sync
- Advanced wireless master mode
The PDF instruction manual can be downloaded from their web site here. You can also watch a series of official demonstration video clips at the links below.
Though the YN-565EX cannot act as a master, the Yongnuo ST-E2 can. Combining the two, Canon users can build a complete Yongnuo TTL wireless system from for under US$300.
A Nikon version of the YN-565EX will follow in several months’ time. Note: Nikon users who do not need to use the flash directly on their camera hotshoe can buy the Canon version and use it in manual mode or advanced slave mode.