Broncolor has introduced a “new generation” of light-shaping tools that it says is suitable for still life and product photography. The Swiss manufacturer’s updated line-up of softboxes is designed to provide “very versatile” light characteristics.
“Regarding the light quality of our softboxes, we went one step further than everyone else,” said Broncolor on their company blog. “We wanted the illumination of our softboxes to be absolutely even and very sharply edged – so they could also be used in still life photography without any restrictions. Even highly reflective surfaces such as chrome, plastic or jewellery can now be lit with softboxes.”
The company compared one of their own light shapers with an unnamed “competitor’s box” to emphasise the “homogeneously lit” front of the light shaper, obtained by using three layers of diffusion, and “sharp edges” provided by a 4cm black frame bordering the front panel. See more of the comparison here.
Softboxes in the new range include:
- “The Universal” – 60 x 60cm square
- “The Smallest” – 35 x 60cm rectangular
- “The Beautiful” – 75cm octagonal
- “The Ultimate” – 150cm octagonal
- “The Big One” – 90 x 120cm rectangular
- “The Biggest” – 120 x 180cm rectangular
- “The Strip Softbox” – 30 x 120cm strip
- “The Compromiser” – 60 x 100cm rectangular
- “The Middle One” – 100 x 100cm square
For more information and a list of dealers, visit the manufacturer’s web site.