Hong Kong manufacturer Falcon Eyes has unveiled a new location flash called the Satel One. It is rated 600Ws with a removable battery, LED modelling lamp, integrated wireless module and a unique touchscreen display.
Taking a cue from contemporary digital cameras, the Satel One’s touchscreen LCD control panel tiltsÂ outwards so you can read it from below. Handy if your light is high up on a stand. Why hasn’t anybody else thought of this?
The flip-out panel conceals the Satel One’s removable lithium-ion battery pack, which is user-replaceable, and also works as a USB mobile phone charger. The internal battery and a built-in radio receiver make the Satel One a completely wireless studio flash, much like other battery monolights including theÂ Nicefoto N-Flash, Profoto B1, Flashpoint RoveLight and Priolite MBX-series.
- 600Ws flash tube (GN: 68)
- 5W LED modelling lamp
- 0.1â€“4-second recycle time
- Removable 3000mAh 14V Li-ion battery (~350 flashes at full power)
- Works independently as a USB charger for mobile devices
- Tilting, touchscreen LCD control panel
- Built-in 2.4GHz wireless receiver (with fast sync support up to 1/8000 second for Canon)
- 29 x 11.5 x 19 cm
- 2.2 kg including battery
Falcon Eyes exhibited the new Satel One at the P&I trade show in Shanghai last week.