Interfit Photographic has announced the S1, a new 500JÂ studio flash equipped with a lithium ion battery, built-in radio, Canon and Nikon TTL/HSS support andÂ the ability to power from the mains. The Interfit S1 is pitched as a rival to the Profoto B1 and other TTL-enabled studio flashes, designed as a portable, powerful light at home in the studio or on location.
As Interfit are keen to point out, it even has one or two features over the B1:
“The engineers at Interfit have been hard at work developing the worldâ€™s first 500Ws monolight withÂ High Speed Sync, TTL for Canon and Nikon, IGBT technology, Lithium Ion battery and multi-voltageÂ AC power pack in one complete package. This unique combination of features gives theÂ photographic market a versatile, affordable, high-powered flash lighting solution for both on-locationÂ and studio shooting.”
The S1 has a removable 4500mAh battery capable of providing 350 full-power flashes, but you can also power the light from any mains socket using the included multi-voltage adapter. If you don’t anticipate using the battery very often, Interfit also offer the S1a, which is a slightly smaller, lighter and much cheaper head that runs on mains power only (either 110V or 240V), but retainsÂ all the TTL and radio features.
To get TTL and high-speed sync support for your camera, you can buy an S1 TTL Remote (RRPÂ $99.99) for Canon or Nikon, which provides full 2.4GHz wireless control.
Specifications – Interfit S1 and S1a
- 7-stop power range
- 3 second recycle time on AC and DC (S1a: 2 seconds only)
- 1/10-stop power control precision
- 1/1,000 â€“ 1/9,000 second flash duration (maxâ€“min power)
- 10W LED modelling lamp (modes: off/50%/100%)
- Built-in 2.4GHz radio, optical slave and sync port
- Manual, TTL and HSS shooting for Canon and Nikon
- Max sync speed 1/250 second (normal) or 1/8000 second (HSS)
- 4500mAh Li-ion battery capable of 350 full-power flashes (S1 only)
- Fan cooled
- Aluminium construction
- Length: 34cm (S1) / 32cm (S1a)
- Diameter: 13cm
- Weight: 2.85 kg (S1) / 2.25kg (S1a)
The Interfit S1 has a recommended retail price of $999.99, including the battery, AC power supply and a 7-inch S-fit reflector. The AC-only Interfit S1a is listed at $599.99 including a 7-inch reflector. Spare batteries are to be priced $199.99 each. Both models are expected to become available in early December 2015. Visit the Interfit Photographic web site for more information.