As seen in Shanghai Photo & Imaging, we have more info and details of the Jinbei FreeLander battery-powered pack and head flash.
With the introduction of the Discovery 600 and 1200, Jinbei also decided to upgrade the FreeLander so all their battery powered gear accepts the new Discovery “standard” head (which is way more compact than the older RD head). For those unfamiliar with the new Discovery head it sports an S-type (Bowens) bayonet for modifiers and it has a nifty LED modeling light instead of a tungsten one.
The pack also receives a big lift up in terms of the user interface, gone is the analog knob to be replaced by a LCD screen and buttons to control de unit’s different features.
The spec list remains more or less the same, but it is worth noting that the 250Ws FL-300 appears to have been discontinued. Now the only Free Lander pack available is the FL-500.
- Guide Number: 66
- Recycling time: 1.0 – 3.3 seconds
- Power output range: From 1/1 to 1/16
- Charge indication: LED, Beep sound
- Flash duration: T.05= 1/1200th of a second
- Colour temperature: 5500K +/-200K
- Voltage Stabilization: 1%
- Modeling light: G6.35 DC 12V 35W
- Triggering options: Sync Cable/Test button (at the time of writing, we don’t know if there is an optical slave)
- Battery: Ni-Mh DC 14V 3500mAh
The European retail price should be around €309, though it is not yet known when the new FreeLander will be available on shelves there. You can already order it directly from China via AliExpress for US$309 plus postage.