Splurged on an iPad, and looking for ways to use it? LightKit is an app (US$4.99) that turns your iPad screen into a continuous light source of your choice. Need a mini softbox for that still life photograph, or some â€œwindow lightâ€ for a tight headshot? Probably not the best value lighting accessory you will ever own, but could be useful nonetheless!
The 100cmÂ Lastolite 8-in-1 umbrella is designed to offer the following setups in one kit:
- White bounce
- Silver bounce
- Shoot through
- Shoot through with square mask
- Shoot through box
- Shoot through box with square mask
- Umbrella box (bounce) with silver interior
- Umbrella box (bounce) with white interior
The PocketWizard AC3 ZoneController (Canon version) is â€œin route to distributorsâ€. You can watch a short video about the module here.
- Pixel Enterpriseâ€™s Nikon TTL triggers have received an update. The latest models are sold under the name Knight TR-331.
- Mark Wallace reviews an Adorama Flashpoint M monolight kit
- Recall the Image Melbourne Evo light stand released a couple of weeks ago? Give your own stand individually adjustable legs with this Lazy Leg Light Stand 2.0 tutorial, thanks to Reuben Krabbe.