German flash manufacturer Metz has released a new flashgun, the Mecablitz 44 AF-2. This model replaces the company’s “bestseller” flash, the 5-year-old 44 AF-1.
Improvements includeÂ a “high-performance” front-facing LED video light with four power levels, a metal (vs. plastic) hotshoe foot, high-speed sync (HSS) support and a USB port for firmware updates.
The Metz 44 AF-2 will also now be available in a Fujifilm model, in addition to existing support for Canon, Nikon, Micro Four Thirds, Pentax, Sony (iISO) and Samsung.
- Guide number 44 (Iso-100; 105mm)
- 90Â° tilt, 300Â° swivel
- Simple LED/button user interface
- Electronic zoom from 24â€“105mm focal lengths
- Flip-down wide-angle diffuser (12mm equivalent) and bounce card
- Power saving mode
- Metal hotshoe foot (except the Sony iISO version)
- USB firmware updates
UK distributor Intro2020 has announced immediate availability of the Metz Mecablitz 44 AF-2, which hasÂ a suggested retail price of Â£179.99. For more information, visitÂ www.metzflash.co.uk.