Olympus has announced the FL-900R, a high-end, weather-sealed flash designed to be used with the company’sÂ OM-D E-M1, E-M1 Mark II and E-M5 Mark II mirrorless cameras.
The flash features a high guide number of 58, TTL and wireless functionality. With fast “sequential shooting” the flash is compatible with Olympus’s Focus Stacking, High-Res Shot and Focus Bracketing modes, which involve taking shooting several frames in quick succession.
A built-in LED lamp can be used for film shooting.
- GN 58
- 2.5-second recycle time
- Dust-proof, splash-proof, freeze-proof to -10Â°C
- WirelessÂ commander and slave modes
- 4 groups
- switch groups on and off
- adjust flash compensation
- adjust settings
- 12â€“100mm zoom coverage
(plus 7â€“10mm with flip-down wide panel)
- Up to 10 frames per second sequential shooting
- LED suitable for >12mm lens coverage
- Powered by four AA batteries
The Olympus FL-900R is expected to ship in October for $579. You can pre-order it at AdoramaÂ or B&H Photo.
For more information, visit the Olympus web site.