Nashville, Tennessee: Paul C. Buff Inc. are to announce a new AC battery pack. The Vagabond Mini Lithium will be smaller and lighter than the existing VRLA Vagabond II (right). Two versions “should be available” capable of powering either 110V or 230VAC studio flashes on location.
Production is estimated to commence in two months. It is not yet confirmed whether or not the existing Vagabond II will be discontinued upon the Mini Lithium’s release. Says Buff:
… fantastic news will be coming out in the next week or so. Quick preliminary view . . . Vagabond Mini Lithium
It’s been completely tested and all parts are on order now, with about a 60 day anticipated production start time. These should have no significant backlog once they start shipping. And they don’t cost much and should be available in 120VAC and 230VAC versions.
- 3 1/2 lbs (1.59kg) total – including battery pack
- 500 640Ws shots from an [Alien Bees] AB1600 per charge
- 8.8Ah 14.8V lithium battery (equivalent to about 14Ah SLA)
- No sulfating
- 3-4 hour charger in or out of the unit
- Sophisticated molded housing design with instant plug in battery pack
- Stand clamp
- Shoulder strap
- Lots more.
You can compare the preliminary specifications of the Vagabond Mini Lithium with other products in our portable power guide.