Next week we’ll be heading down to Birmingham to take in the 2014 Photography Show. What will be on offer to illuminate the photographic hordes who visit?
As well as a whole host of classes, workshops and events, manufacturers are using the trade fair to launch their latest lighting gear.Â Here are some highlights.
New products at the show
- Canon will have a large exhibition which may include the new MR-14EX II Macro Ring Lite â€” B10
- Elinchrom’s latest ELC Pro HD professional-grade studio monolights â€” P60
- Falcon Eyes (Benel BV) have a new LED striplight, theÂ LP-DB1600 â€” M35
- Hedler DX25 HMI, exhibited by Flaghead Photographic â€” K6
- Lastolite, will show off the magnetic backdrop holderÂ â€” K40
- Lencarta will have a new battery-powered location lighting system â€” L20
- Magneflash A-Lux Monos: high-speed location lights (made in UK!) â€” H12
- Nissin’s i40 flashgun makes its debut at the Kenro stand â€” L65
- Photomart will launch their new iLux LD150 entry-level studio flash head â€” K30
- Phottix’s (Intro 2020) new Mitros+ for Nikon may make an appearance â€” N50
- Profoto’s B1 AirTTL is the first-ever TTL-enabled studio light â€” K90
- Samsung’s stand will have their NX cameras and maybe theÂ SEF-580A flash â€” B30
Other exhibitors of note
- Bowens are hosting some networking events and classes for pros â€” P1, Pro & Retailer Lounge
- Broncolor/Hasselblad, if you like to lust after really high-end gear â€” K50
- Enlight Photo, makers of the Frio coldshoe and Orbis ringflash â€” K82
- The Flash Centre has studio lighting workshops and show specials â€” P60
- HÃ¤hnel have a nice range of triggers and accessories â€” L70
- Highspeedflash.comÂ with their extreme action-freezing MicroFlash system â€” M80
- Kenro will show the Reflecta range of affordable studio lighting kits â€” L65
- Manfrotto UK offer a number of talks and lighting demonstrations â€” K40
- Metz UK (Intro 2020) for flashguns, studio lights and video LEDs â€” N50
- PixaPro, whose Lumi, PowerCore & PowerGenerator we recently reviewed â€” P30
- Viewfinder Photography with a new range of vinyl and collapsible backdrops â€” A10
On Sunday and Monday you might also bump into Chris Clark, the managing director of Hink, who will have a goose-shaped prototype flashgunÂ hidden up his sleeve.
The Photography Show takes place at the National Exhibition Centre (NEC) in Birmingham, UK on 1â€“4 March 2014. Are you going? What are you looking forward to seeing or hearing about the most?
You can follow our latest Photography Show coverage online here.