Sony gets some more due: Phottix has just announced a Sony-compatible version of their well-received Mitros flash. The North American distributor, OmegaBrandess, revealed that a model with a legacy iIso/Minolta hotshoe will be available soon.
Regarded as one of the top-tier flash systems, the Mitros is a quality TTL flash that competes with the best of them. It looks like all of the functions that come with the Canon and Nikon versions are included:
- TTL, M, Multi Modes
- High Speed Sync and Rear Curtain Sync
- Auto/Manual Flash Head Zoom with 180 Degree Rotation and 97 Degree Tilt
- Flash Recycle: .1–2.5 Seconds
- USB Port for Upgrades. 3.5mm Sync Port. Port for External Battery Pack
- Sony Optical Wireless Triggering with Master and Slave Modes
- Port for External Battery Pack
- Compatible with Phottix Odin TTL Flash Triggers for Sony
How much does all this goodness costs? Try $349.99 USD. We don’t have an exact shipping date and the Mitros aren’t listed on the Phottix website yet. For North American dealers, visit the OmegaBrandess web site.