Pixel Enterprise of China has announced a new flashgun, the Pixel X800C, including an integrated receiver compatible with the company’s King-series 2.4GHz wireless triggers.
The X800CÂ has the full range of features one would expect from a high-end flash, including a guide number (GN) of 60, automatic E-TTL exposure control, high-speed sync (HSS) up to 1/8000 second, a quick 2.5-second recycle time and support for external power packs.
Using the Pixel King or Pixel King ProÂ radios, the user can adjust the X800C’s functions and settings remotely, such as tweaking power and zoom levels or switching between TTL and manual mode. Even more usefully, a camera-mounted Pixel X800C will act as a 2.4GHz master, letting you use on-camera flash and radio triggering simultaneously without an unwieldy stack of flashes and transmitters on the DSLR hotshoe.
When not using radio triggering, the flash also has a Prontor/Compur (PC) sync jack, simple and advanced optical slaves and a metal hotshoe foot. Canon CP-E4 style battery packs may be used to speed up recycle times and extend battery life, and there is a micro-USB port for future firmware updates.
The Pixel X800C goes up against other radio-enabled flashes like the Phottix Mitros II, Canon 600EX-RT and Yongnuo YN600EX-RT.
A price for the Pixel X800C has not yet been announced, as the manufacturer is currently seeking beta testers. Interested photographers (up to 20) should e-mailÂ [email protected] before 6th February 2015, answering the following questions/conditions.
- What model of camera do you use? (Canon only)
- Which flash models do you already own?
- Do you have your own webpage or blog to share the product news?
- Where are you from?
- What languages you can write?
- Have you ever posted any product reviews before? Please provide the detail for reference.
- Personal information (including name/age/email address etc.)
- We require you to write a report after using our new product.
- Your Youtube/Facebook/Google account
For more information, visit the Pixel Enterprise product page.