Wish your lighting was a bit more flexible â€” literally? Have a look at the the RagLite, a fabric-mounted LED light bank that is portable, waterproof, “virtually indestructible”, can hang anywhere and rolls up into your bag when you’re done.
A Chicago-based start-up called RagLite Technology is promoting the concept on Kickstarter, hoping to raise $25,000 (and a good deal of the way there, at the time of writing). There are umpteen variants of RagLite for any application, even those outside photography and cinema.
- Original RagLite â€” 8″ x 8″
- Mini â€” 4″ x 4″
- Cine â€” 5600K or 3200K, 14″ x 12″
- Cine Mini â€” like Cine but 6″ x 6″
- Rugged â€” for industrial use, in caseÂ you might accidentally drive a car over it
- Grow â€” for plant growers (but I don’t think they mean the clandestine ones above pizza shops)
- RGB â€” with user-selectable colour temperature
Pledge perks start from $75 (for the RagLite Mini) ramping up to $250 for an original RagLite and much much more for the specialised models. Visit the Kickstarter campaign page to find out more.