Sekonic has introduced a new light meter, the Spectromaster C-7000, designed for industrial applications.
The Sekonic C-7000 has similar hardware to the touchscreen Spectromaster C-700, which is more aimed at the photography and video market and capable of measuring all manner of light sources from LEDs and HMIs to fluorescent lamps, flashes and natural light.
The C-7000 adds different software so that as well as reading off colour temperature, colour rendering index (CRI) and illuminance the device will also provide peak wavelength, excitation purity and chromaticity stats, with output in 1-nanometer increments that can be uploaded to a computer in CSV format.
Applications include office lighting, roadway lighting, manufacturing assembly lines, agriculture and others.
Lorenzo Gasperini, international sales and marketing manager for Sekonic, said: â€œSekonic is a well-respected and popular brand in the photo/video industry and now it can offer its expertise and experience in light measuring instruments to a wider much deeper market. These are exciting times for Sekonic as we expand our market and learn more on how we can integrate our technology further.â€
- Measures LED, HMI, fluorescent, tungsten, natural light and flash from 380 to 780 nm in 1 nm increments
- 270° swivel head
- 4.3â€ colour touch panel LCD
- Measurement range:
- Colour temperature from 1,563 to 100,000K
- Illumination from 1 to 200,000 lx (ambient light) or 20 to 20,500 lx-s (flash)
- Different display modes: text, spectrum graph, spectrum comparison, CRI, CIE1931 (CIE1964), CIE1931 (CIE1964) comparison, CIE1976, CIE1976 comparison
- Measurements of Kelvin (K), illuminance (lux), CRI (Ra, R1 thru. R15), deviation (âŠ¿uv), tristimulus values (XYZ), chromaticity coordinate (xyz / uâ€™vâ€™), dominant wavelength (Î»d), peak wavelength (Î»p), excitation purity(Pe), PPFD (photosynthetic photon flux density)
- C-7000 Utility software (for Windows) included, for updating device firmware and importing data
For more information, visit the Sekonic web site.