Sekonic has announced the Speedmaster L-858D, a light meter capable of taking readings while using high-speed sync (HSS).
According to the manufacturer, the new Speedmaster is “the most advanced light meter ever created for photographers and filmmakers”. It has a 2.7-inch touch screen and optional Elinchrom, Phottix and PocketWizard triggering capabilities.
As well as conventional ambient and flash incident and reflected meter readings, and the new high-speed sync support, the L-858D offers flash duration measurement, so you can work out just how long the pulses from your studio lights and speedlights last.
Jan Lederman, president of Sekonic distributors MAC Group, said in a press release:
“The Sekonic SPEEDMASTER L-858D is a perfect example of a great brand being responsive to its fans and responding to how popular high speed sync is. The Sekonic engineers have developed an incredible tool that combines flash duration measurement, an intuitive touchscreen interface and many other advances to address the needs of the most demanding photographers and filmmakers.”
- Flash duration measurements
- HSS flash measurements
- Optional radio transmitter for Elinchrom, Phottix and PocketWizard
- Exposure profiling
- 2.7″ colour dot-matrix touchscreen
- Iso range: 3 to 13,107,200
- Shutter speed range:
- Flash: 30 minutes to 1/16,000 second
- Ambient light: 30 minutes to 1/64,000 second
- Full HD Cine and CINE mode:
- 1 to 1000 frames per second
- 1 to 358 shutter angle
- DTS Â Mac/PC software for firmware updates, custom settings and exposure profiling
Pricing and a release date have yet to be announced. For more information, visit the Sekonic web site or contact MAC Group.