According to reliable sources, the YN-46X line has ended with the YN-468 – the Nikon version of which is scheduled to be released in 2 months.
Update: The YN-560 is slated to be released within a couple of weeks.
From the images (see more here) we can see the new YN-560 features:
- New body design (think Canon 580EX II), including an improved battery compartment door.
- 24-105mm manually-controllable power zoom
- “Idiot lights” to show zoom setting, mode and power level
- Manual mode and two slave modes (despite the caption saying “TTL”, this is likely reserved for a future model, e.g. YN-565)
- Improved optical slave, with range of “up to 15m”
- PC sync port
- High voltage battery pack input (looks like Canon type)
- Bounce card and flip-down diffuser
- Ready beep (can be switched off)
- Full to 1/128 power (control pad also suggests potential for fractional adjustment?)
- Guide Number (GN) 58 (metres) at Iso 100, 105mm zoom.
- “you can completely get rid of the evil anxiously waiting for call back dream” with a fast recycle time 🙂
- 8fps at 1/8 power and below
- Power saving mode (can be switched off)
- Settings are saved when you switch the flash off
The Yongnuo YN-46X series is widely available on eBay (except the Nikon YN-467/8, to be released in 1.5-2 months).