Some first impressions and photographs of the imminently-to-be-released YN-560, thanks to the Kurbster.
- The pull out flash bounce card, and the plastic wide angle pull down [diffuser] didn’t break after 10 tries of pulling it in and out, Now that’s a +1 so far.
- +1 On the super fast recycle times (Under 2 seconds on full power)
- +1 On the new battery door
- +1 On the rubber door covering the sync input, and ext battery input (Does not feel like it’s going to break anytime soon)
- +1 Because of the angle of the flash itself, It does have a slight lower angle to it. 1 click upwards to brings it a straight level
- +1 Because of the length of it’s zoom head. It fits nicely inside those 16″ ebay beauty dishes, and 16″ / 20″ / 24″ portable soft boxes
- The head moves freely with clicks, No side buttons to press like the canon
- It will also cover part of the on/off switch on an RF-602 receiver
- Powers on like the YN 460 II, Need to hold down power button to all power led’s light up, reverse for shutting down.
- You can barely hear the the little chime for when flash is ready
- Zoom head is noisy. but then so are all of them.
- The PC Socket is pushin type, not screw in type
- Using the cheap Interfit light meter at 1 meter distance I get f32 @ 1/125 sec – ISO100 Zoom:35mm
Watch this space for further images and light meter tests.
The YN-560 is available for pre-order on eBay now and due to be released from official seller hkyongnuophotoequipment within days.