Yongnuo, the Chinese flash manufacturer, have unveiled details of the first product in their forthcoming EX-series of wireless flashes. Based on the same body as their current YN-560 manual flash, the YN-565EX promises the same power with the addition of automatic TTL and wireless infrared control.
According to the manufacturer, the YN-565EX will offer the following features:
- “Simultaneous support” for Canon/Nikon wireless flash systems: controllable from Canon ST-E2, 580EX II, 7D and 60D, or Nikon SB-900/800/700, pop-up flash Commander and SU-800.
- Wireless flash master/commander for Canon or Nikon (depending on model)
- Guide number (GN) 58 @ ISO100, 105mm
- TTL, Manual and Multi (stroboscopic) modes
- Prontor/Compur (PC) synchronisation port
- Electronic zoom range of 24-105mm. Zoom focal length can match camera lens or be selected manually.
- 3 second recycle time
- Metal hot shoe
- LCD screen
There will be two models, one for Canon and one for Nikon, compatible with TTL hotshoes of each brand and capable of acting as a wireless flash commander (master). In addition, any YN-565EX will have the capability of acting as a slave for either system, so a Nikon YN-565EX will be able to receive Canon E-TTL wireless signals and vice versa.
The expected release date is “middle of April” with no details on price yet. Like all Yongnuo accessories it will eventually be available from the official eBay store with a 12 month warranty.Â For more information and product images, please visit the manufacturer’s web site.