Yongnuo has announced an upcoming “wireless flash receiver” called the YNE3-RX. The as-yet unseen device is said to be “coming soon” and is expectedÂ to be a receiverÂ that will let you addÂ any non-radio flashgun to aÂ Canon RT system.
Update 7/2/15: Product photos have been released.
On the manufacturer’s product page, the following features are listed:
- Support flash E-TTL, Manual and Multi (stroboscopic) flash modes
- Supports single contact flash triggering
- Test button and remote shutter release function
- Prontor/Compur (PC) sync output
- USB firmware updates
- Manual triggering via single-pin hotshoe
The Yongnuo YNE3-RX willÂ be ableÂ to turn the following flashes into receivers:
- Canon 600EX(-RT), 580EX II, 430EX II, 320EX, 270EX (II)
- Yongnuo YN568EX (II), YN565C, YN468C (II), YN467C (II), YN465C.
Using one of the following commander units, you will be able to trigger and remotely adjust the settings of the slave flash:
- Yongnuo YN-E3-RT, YN600EX-RT
- Canon ST-E3-RT, 600EX-RT.
Further technical details, a price, release date or pictures of the actual product are not yet available. You might not want to hold your breath until this one is actually on sale â€” rival manufacturer Shanny promised a similar product with their own SN radio modules but then seem to have quietly cancelled the project.
Need a transmitter? Check out our review of the Yongnuo YN-E3-RT.