Some of you might have been waiting for it quite some time, but finally the YongNuo YN600EX-RT is available for purchase. It was only a matter of time ever since the YongNuo YN-E3-RT transmitter was released before YongNuo’s alternative to Canon’s 600EX-RT would come out.
Prices on eBay seem to have not stabilized yet but YongNuo’s eBay store had some units listed at $179 dollar before they ran out of stock. Other vendors list the flash around 250 dollar. It seems that Shanny has some competition from YongNuo, because the earlier announced Shanny SN600EX-RT will also have the features as the Canon 600EX-RT. YongNuo managed to release the flash earlier than Shanny, but hopefully they didn’t compromise on quality.
- Guide number of 60 (Iso-100, 200mm)
- Electronic zoom head 20–200mm
- E-TTL and manual power control
- “Dumb” S1/S2 optical slave modes
- Canon RT wireless support (master and slave)
- Canon AND Nikon optical transmission wireless support
- High-speed sync to 1/8000 second
- PC sync
- External power socket for high-voltage battery packs
- USB firmware updates
What do you think? Will you be getting one for your Canon camera or are TTL triggers good enough? Let us know in the comments.